Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mass heart attack ?!

I read this article and while I was reading it, I still couldn't believe what I was reading !

To a certain extent, I can understand people dying out of shock but this kind of mass heart attack still makes me wonder if its not defeating the whole purpose of YSR's efforts - what is the point of the welfare schemes he introduced if the beneficiaries are not even alive to enjoy it ?

For those people who committed suicide or immolated themselves, I have absolutely no sympathy. If there are foolish enough not to realise that life is precious, if they are naive enough not to realise that even if the person is gone, his good deeds make him live on and the only way to see him is to enjoy the fruits of his labour and pass on the torch to the next generation, then nobody can help them. It is in times like these that I understand why taking one's life is against the law !

I have also learnt from numerous ''helpful'' movies that in some cases, the self-immolation is not necessarily ''self'-created''. Even if that is the case, why do the villain-like-politicians believe that people will consider him/her popular or rather become popular when a dozen die this way ?

Why does this happen only in India (I may be wrong about this, if so, do let me know) ? Are we really a bunch of sentimental fools like it has been pointed out many times? Can we actually put this loyalty to better use than simply dying ?

When I see people here going crazy, screaming and sometime even tearing their clothes at a rock concert, I pity them and think to myself ''God help them'' but I think even those people are not crazy enough to die for a rock star or a celebrity or a philanthropist.

I don't understand and I don't think I want to either.....

2 comments:

  1. This is just media creation. All those who died on that day were branded as died bcos of shock or already dead were made to commit to suicide for getting sympathy or some aid.
    My only concern is this should not trigger a trend of keeping scorecard like if 100 ppl died for YSR then more ppl should die for Naidu or Chiru.. Indian Media is highly irresponsible and it will go to any level for sensationlism..
    Recently in TN on a polio vaccination day the rival party's channel spread rumors that children are dying bcos of it and it resulted in utter chaos..
    For your question why this happens only in India, my answer would be only here it gets attention from these irresponsible and heartless media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Bharath mentioned, I think its just media hype... :( Stupids.

    ReplyDelete

Hit Counter
Website Hit Counter I had decided to have a counter only after I hit a 1000 views and since it happened last week (as on 14 Dec 2009), now is the time to see some stats :)