Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cactus cell tower ?



I was in the middle of getting a simulation to work when my colleague walked in with a print-out that made me laugh out loud. The print-out had pictures of cell towers that either looked unusual and/or were located in totally unexpected areas. Out of curiousity, I did a google search and found the photos shown here. The first one is a cell tower in Arizona while the second one is from business week. You can find more such pictures here.

The laughter aside, I was amazed at the ingenuity behind keeping the cell towers inconspicuous for avoiding human intervention either in the form of theft or techno-phobia (I don't know if the word exists, if it doesn't this is going to be my contribution to the english language :D). On another note, it would be a lot beneficial if we learnt benevolent things from nature besides these sly camouflaging techniques.

1 comment:

Hit Counter
Website Hit Counter I had decided to have a counter only after I hit a 1000 views and since it happened last week (as on 14 Dec 2009), now is the time to see some stats :)