Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Butterflies in my stomach.....

Butterflies in my stomach.....
A sleepless night where I keep looking at the clock often and actually wake up even before the alarm rings......
A shower still thinking about the times to come.....
A dress chosen days in advance....
A taxi ordered 2 days before stands at the door......
A suitcase that started getting filled up weeks in advance is loaded into it......
A boarding pass, from a ticket booked months ago, in one hand.....
A passport, with a photo taken years ago, in another.....
An airport that looks so much better than usual.....
A flight where the food, movies, flight attendants nothing matter too much, its the time to destination that always catches my eye.....
An announcement from the pilot.....
A peep through the window to look at the familiar sight, the roads, the lights, the city....
A song in my ears....
A landing gear in place....
A touchdown.....
A hurried run through immigration....
A restless waiting at the baggage pickup while still staring at the visitors area.....
A familiar face....
Another waving hand....
A ripple of smiles....
A burst of excitement....
A trolley moving haphazardly....
A rush to the exit....
and finally a warm hug.....

Yes, I am home, I am home again......

No matter how old I get, no matter how often I go home, going home always means butterflies in my stomach.....
Hit Counter
Website Hit Counter I had decided to have a counter only after I hit a 1000 views and since it happened last week (as on 14 Dec 2009), now is the time to see some stats :)