Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Who will keep my photos when I am gone ?!

I met a colleague who had been in Mexico for 2 weeks on vacation and when I asked her for pics, her reply gave me a jolt. She said ''I did not take any as there is no one who will want to keep my photos''. She is retiring soon, her parents are no more and she has no siblings. She said ''I already have a bunch of photos that will probably be thrown away when I am dead'' - this is by far the saddest thing I have heard in a long time. I was so tempted to say ''I can keep them'' but I know she wanted love and not sympathy. I said a small prayer for her and silently thanked God for all the near and dear ones I have and will have.

Disclaimer: Places and relationships have been changed to protect the identity of the person.

2 comments:

  1. True... I have no words to say what I feel.

    God Bless her and I thank God for what I have today.

    Thanks for writing this down.. Jolted back to life!!!!! from the trance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a heart touching incident...

    Wish she meet someone who would make her feel that she is not going to be alone hereafter...

    ReplyDelete

Hit Counter
Website Hit Counter I had decided to have a counter only after I hit a 1000 views and since it happened last week (as on 14 Dec 2009), now is the time to see some stats :)