Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I am helping a poor girl study, can you too ?

Any kind of philanthropic work (its not much) I get to do always takes the form of helping someone study because I strongly believe in the Chinese proverb that goes something like ''teach him to fish and he will never be hungry instead of giving him a fish''.

My cousin recently referred me to a tamil blog http://balaji_ammu.blogspot.com/2009/07/544.html with such a request for help. I have sent it to some friends and we are all going to contribute what we can. But I realised that with the blog being in tamil, the number of viewers are really restricted (it is a sad fact that even many tamilians cannot read tamil). So here is an English synopsis to get the word around to bring in some more contributors.

The girl, Bhanupriya, has finished school and has scored well to pursue Engineering but her father's financial limitations does not allow her to do so and she is looking for a few helping hands. In the blog, you can find her marksheets, proof of income and the point of contact to offer your help. Please leave me a comment with your email id, in case you have questions.

3 comments:

  1. super cool.. u have taken it to the next level..

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool. :-)

    In that Thamizh ula blog you have posted the link of Vidial. May I know how you came to know about Vidial ??

    ReplyDelete

Hit Counter
Website Hit Counter I had decided to have a counter only after I hit a 1000 views and since it happened last week (as on 14 Dec 2009), now is the time to see some stats :)