Tuesday, December 29, 2009

4 Idiots

I first saw a movie with one idiot - Rocket Singh and then the '3 Idiots'...kooti kazhichu parunga, kanakku seriya varum !

Rocket Singh was a comedy but it had such a serious message - Business with Ethics ! All of us at one point have been frustrated with customer service or the money we have had to spend on parts that we have no clue about especially when dealing with electronic goods. Businesses take undue advantage of the customer's ignorance of technology and only profit margins matter. Can one step over this temptation ? That is more or less the crux of the movie. The message was clearly delivered - Business is about people not numbers. If you get the former right, the latter automatically falls in place. I didn't think anything in the movie was out of place, even the romance was so well integrated that one hardly thought about it separately. Ranbir kapoor plays the role to perfection and the supporting cast gives an equally applaudable performance. In short, a really good movie.

I want to talk about "3 Idiots" now but I can hardly find the words. MUST WATCH - even if you don't know hindi, watch it with subtitles (Hearing to Chatur's speech in the college day made me thank amma again and again for having forced me to learn hindi....ROFL !!). The movie was hilarious, brilliant, thought-provoking,...add a string of good adjectives here. You don't need to read the story or reviews or anything, just go watch it, you just have to !! It is really the Balatkar...oops...Chamatkar of the year !

Sources for merged pictures
- 3 Idiots promo
- glamsham.com for Rocket Singh movie poster

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, This week am watching this movie
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I miss by not learning hindi, is watching those movies only with subtitles. Even Rang de Basanti, I watched it with subtitles :-(. I missed most of the good hindi movies while waiting for the DVD version to get released. Recently I saw 'Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani'. Though i dont know hindi, my hindi roommates helped me to understand the flow. I swear Ranbir is a very good actor and he has the potential of becoming a super star. Whether it is comedy,Senti , or dance .... he really rocks ..... The movie is a complete laughter .... have you watched it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice comments...well well when we appreciate the movie "3 Idiots" so much, Maharashtra Govt has problems with it.(http://musinggalcorner.blogspot.com/2010/01/curb-appeal-of-maharastra-goverment.html) Nothing that is worth, they(politicians) let live :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dawson

    Though I like hindi movies, there is a limit to how many I can watch in a week or month...I usually start missing thamizh very soon :D, havent seen Ajab prem ki....

    @Musing Gal
    yes, I read the news piece. I think this is just one of those things they do to get publicity. If showing ragging in the movies are going to affect young minds, I wonder what movies and TV serials accomplish, in general. Most of them show semi-naked people and deal with totally perverted themes. They should actually ban television if their intention is genuine.

    ReplyDelete

Hit Counter
Website Hit Counter I had decided to have a counter only after I hit a 1000 views and since it happened last week (as on 14 Dec 2009), now is the time to see some stats :)