Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I saw a fire truck..

....a number of firemen, bright lights, a crane and a lot of hulchul, from a distance when I was coming home from work today. Needless to say, I was a bit worried (only a bit, because even a bush fire causes such a scene !) and curious as to what was going on.

As I got nearer and nearer, I saw a roped off area, firemen regulating traffic, few others making sure bystanders do not get too close and finally I saw what was going on and broke into a huge grin. Firemen decorating a huge Christmas tree in the park in my area ! My first thought was ''enduku babu intha scene ?!''. Then I realised how every year I have seen this tree (or similar trees) and never wondered how they were decorated, who decorated them (obviously the city...you know what I mean !) or when.

I always had a fondness for Christmas trees, maybe because I studied in a Christian Convent and have taken part in Christmas tree decorating competitions - which class has the best tree ?! To me, decorating the tree is not much different from Golu, everything carefully picked, arranged and decorated and just seeing it gives one a festive feel and like Golu, its a season where one has time off work, meets near and dear ones, has too many delicacies and instead of Vijayadasami, a day of new beginnings, we have the new year ! I think this outburst is because of the East Vs West video I recently saw.....

Here is another interesting Christmas tree that I saw in Tollwood, the winter fest in Munich - made from yellow garbage bags, even rubbish can spread Christmas cheer !

Anyway, I will be having my Christmas trees, one at home and one at work, both on a table. Yeah, they are show pieces, both gifts from Ashok who couldn't bear hearing me complaining about not having space to have a real huge Christmas tree :D !

Seasons greetings to all ! Enjoy the festive season !



(Background music:
Dashing through the snow, in a one-horse open sleigh,
Over the fields we go, laughing all the way...haha....
Bells on bobtails ring, making spirits high
What fun is to laugh and sing the sleighing song tonight
Jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle all the way....
Oh what fun is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh....heyy...
Jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle all the way....
Oh what fun is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh)

2 comments:

  1. Merry christmas seekiramave wish pannanum nu thonaradhu.. I love christmas trees and decorations of the crib too :)

    I remember how I explained the crib deco to Amma once... Just like we have Golu in a rack of steps, in school they have a nice christmas scene set up on a table... :) Then.. ofcourse, i went on to the last letter level details, but yeah, this post brings back nice memories :)

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dewdrop

    Its thanksgiving in the US now and pretty soon Europe will start shutting down work-wise, shopping and santa claus dhan endha pakka parthalum !

    ReplyDelete

Hit Counter
Website Hit Counter I had decided to have a counter only after I hit a 1000 views and since it happened last week (as on 14 Dec 2009), now is the time to see some stats :)