Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pesto...Presto !

What do you need:
- Penne or Spaghetti (I prefer Penne, is easier to eat)
- Pesto (ready made, I love the Barilla brand, its really good!) or homemade (if you are familiar with Italian cuisine)
- 2 teaspoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Basil (Optional)

Time needed: 10 min

Kind: Moderately healthy (ready made pesto might have preservatives)

How to do it:
- Cook Penne in a pot of salted and boiled water. Do not took until eternity and make it a porridge, just until its soft enough to eat. Also cook only a portion that you know you can eat. Left over Penne tastes like @%$#^%^^& !
- Since the above step will take a max. of 10 min, in the meanwhile take a pan, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Add chopped tomatoes and 2 scoops of Pesto (with a tea spoon) and heat the mixture until it forms a thick sauce.
- You can add pepper to the sauce (I usually add mulaga podi since I like it spicy :D)
- Add the sauce to the cooked Penne and garnish with basil

You can use Pesto to make a sandwich too. Just take a baguette, add butter or cheese to it, then add pesto, 2-3 slices of tomato, some lettuce leaves and lo! you have a sandwich that tastes much better than usual....atleast I think so, I am totally a pesto-girl !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter
Website Hit Counter I had decided to have a counter only after I hit a 1000 views and since it happened last week (as on 14 Dec 2009), now is the time to see some stats :)